Thursday, June 11, 2009

Portland Pride!

Ugh, It's that time of year where all of the gays come out of the woodwork. All to showcase just how much they are out and proud! lol. I don't mean to be condescending but this really is one of my favorite and most hated holidays. It seems as if everyone becomes gay for a day. And Really shoots for that stereotypical Ryan Seacrest kind of gay. "I'm not gay, ssssstop it!"



Now enough blabbering on. This pride is going to be pretty fucking awesome! I have a lot to catch up on in my blog being that it is a week old. My Fiance, Portland, Tony Buff, IML, My First Adult Film, but for now lets live in the present.



Im soooo overly stoked that we have some amazing performances heading to town for this weekend's Gay Pride Pride, BeBe Zahara Benet (also known as CAMEROON!), Lady Bunny, and Aden & Jordan Jaric just to name a few. And you can bet your sweet ass Ill be having a fun time in the sack with some crazy out-of-towner. Unfortunately, due to pride and other circumstances I wasn't able to join Pappa Buff or brudder Derek Da Silva at the Men Of Discipline boot camp. Which really has been a bit rough on me because I know it would be an excellent time to learn as well as connect.



So, during the parade I will be handing out fliers to my club night for HIV Positive men called CHARGED+ and hope to get a good response. My Partner River and I have been hosting this event for 8 months now and it has seriously been such a great endeavour to undertake.



Last San Francisco Gay Pride, We decided to head down to an event called Revolution @ Club Eight. We heard about it word of mouth through some friends here in Portland and were very adamant to attend. So adamant in fact that we paid $300 extra to change the flight. THANKS ALASKA AIR! Lol It was AMAZING! The environment was soooo relaxing! I have never walked into a bar and had five minutes before having to disclose that I have HIV. It's exhausting to have to go through every intimate detail with every unknowledgeable person. And, I love when people play the pity party! lol I have HIV, I'm not dying. WOW, its really hard for me to focus on one subject isnt it! Pollo Del Mar was our delicious drag queen for the night and I was some kind of lucky to win first place and the $100 in a stripper contest. but case in point is it was very inspiring, so we trasported the idea back to Portland.



Hopefully this weekend brings the club night some new faces and good energy.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the blog! I can't wait to see you in July - we get to play pup together, which should be really fun.

    Good luck on your night and hope pride was awesome for ya!!

    love
    yr big brudder

    ReplyDelete